- Request a Viewing
- Register for updates
- Email Details to a Friend
- Floor plans
- Energy Performance Certificate
- Four bedroom, freehold, detached family home
- One/two bedroom annexe
- Located in semi-rural position in village of Winscombe
- Situated in circa 1.6 acres of gardens and agricultural pasture land
- Ample off street parking via block paved driveway and generous garage for additional off street parking and/or storage space
- Older property, originally part of the Nut Tree Farm estate, retaining characterful period features throughout
- EPC ratings D65 and E48, Council Tax Band G
- Period leaded light front entrance door to entrance vestibule, inner period door to hallway.
- Entrance Hallway
A super hallway with doors to kitchen, living room and cloakroom, stair flight rising to first floor, picture rail, panelling, ceiling beam, radiator, all adding to the warm and friendly feel of the property.
- Living Room20' 10'' x 15' 10'' (6.36m x 4.83m)
Wow! What a room with 270m high ceiling, exposed beams, picture rail, decorative fireplace surround sat on marble hearth, ceiling and wall lights, dual aspect windows providing ample light, glazed door to enchanting side garden, sliding patio doors to sitting room, two radiators.
- Sitting Room18' 0'' x 15' 1'' (5.48m x 4.61m)(to cupboard fronts)
Again, a room of cosy character with beamed ceiling, brick built open grate fireplace, inset and flanked by built in display cupboards, centre and wall lights, two radiators, door to side garden and window overlooking rear garden and open countryside beyond.
- Cloakroom (Under stairs)
Low level W/C, wash hand basin, timber flooring.
- Kitchen/Dining/Snug (“The Hub of the Home”)
- Snug Area10' 10'' x 11' 6'' (3.30m x 3.50m)
A real cosy room opening to the kitchen and dining rooms with a free standing wood burner providing ample heat to the area, inset ceiling spotlights, double glazed window to front of property, openings to kitchen and dining areas, radiator.
- Dining Area11' 11'' x 10' 0'' (3.62m x 3.05m)
Inset ceiling spot lights, double glazed window to front, radiator, space for eight seat dining table, breakfast bar as part of kitchen.
- Kitchen18' 10'' x 9' 5'' (5.74m x 2.86m)(plus 3.03m x 1.49m)
An impressive contemporary kitchen with inset ceiling spotlights, a range of wall and floor units with wood effect square edge worktops over, under unit lighting, integrated fridge and freezer, six ring 'Range' cooker with gas hob and double electric oven with stainless steel canopy type extraction hood over. A real compliment to this area is the ‘Karndean parquet’ effect flooring, which runs into a further area containing a one and a half bowl sink with swan neck mixer tap over, units to match kitchen, integrated dishwasher, UPVC double glazed window to rear garden, UPVC double glazed doors lead to rear garden from kitchen.
- Period stair flight rises through a half landing to landing.
An impressive half galleried landing with stained glass window, exposed roof timber beam, radiator and doors to all principal first floor rooms.
- Bedroom One (Master)13' 10'' x 11' 3'' (4.21m x 3.43m)(to cupboard fronts)
(Please note: This room has huge undelivered potential to be a quality Master Suite) Range of fitted wardrobes, part sloping ceilings, radiator, door to en-suite, double glazed window with delightful views over rear garden/land and countryside beyond.
Shower enclosure with mains fed shower and glass doors over, tiled walls, low level W/C, pedestal wash hand basin, radiator, extraction fan.
- Bedroom Three11' 11'' x 10' 0'' (3.63m x 3.05m)(plus box bay)
Part sloping ceilings with exposed roof timbers, box bay with double glazed windows overlooking side gardens, radiator.
- Bedroom Two13' 11'' x 10' 8'' (4.25m x 3.24m)(into recess)
Part sloping ceilings, double glazed window to front of property, radiator, door to under eaves storage.
- Bedroom Four17' 2'' x 9' 2'' (5.22m x 2.80m)(To chimney breast)(Plus box bay)
A good size fourth bedroom with part sloping ceilings, picture rail, door to under eaves storage, radiator.
- Bathroom11' 8'' x 9' 5'' (3.55m x 2.86m)
Again, a great sized room. Panel bath with centre taps and tiled splashbacks, spacious glass shower enclosure with mains fed shower over, pedestal wash hand basin, low level W/C, tiled floor, access to roof space, radiator, part tiled walls, doors to under eaves storage, double glazed window with views, heated towel rail.
- Garage/Workshop38' 1'' x 16' 10'' (11.62m x 5.14m)
A huge garage with electrically operated up and over door, four double glazed windows, one single glazed window, pedestrian door to courtyard, power and light.
- Boot Room9' 4'' x 7' 6'' (2.84m x 2.29m)
A separate room with space and plumbing for appliances, UPVC double glazed window to rear.
- Enclosed Courtyard with double doors to front of property.
A super detached annexe provides a different dimension and could be used for home and income, business or of course 'that teenager!' or a dependent relative.
- Open Plan Living/Kitchenette Area19' 10'' x 17' 6'' (6.04m x 5.33m)
Free standing wood burning stove, UPVC double glazed windows and doors, and one timber, kitchen sink set in base unit, breakfast bar.
- Shower Room
With low level W/C, pedestal wash hand basin, shower enclosure with 'Triton' electric shower and glass doors over, UPVC double glazed window, access to roof space.
- Bedroom 9' 6'' x 8' 5'' (2.90m x 2.56m)
UPVC double glazed window.
- Living Room9' 6'' x 8' 5'' (2.90m x 2.56m)
UPVC double glazed window.
- Enclosed rear patio garden.
Wow! What a perfect place for 'Al fresco' entertaining with its own bar. I bet Windscombe didn't know if had such a perfect place overlooking a pond and beyond!
Extensive, formal gardens, patios, wildlife clay based nature pond, stabling (x3), orchard, a flagpole, impressive views, seclusion, privacy and quiet country outlook! Just wonderful! All set in circa 1.6 acres of formal residential curtilage and agricultural pasture land.
- Ample off street parking to the front of the property.
- Winscombe Village
Well placed for transport links to Weston-super-Mare, Bristol City Centre and beyond, Winscombe Village holds a wealth of charm and boasts a semi-rural position in North Somerset, on the outskirts of the Mendip Hills – an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Offering a village pub and church, a bakery, pharmacy, dentist as well as local shops (including a wine shop) and other amenities, the village provides ample opportunity for entertainment with a recreational ground which hosts an array of activities/sports including rugby, cricket, bowls, football and hockey. The nearby The Strawberry Line and Cheddar Reservoir are also within reach. Ideally situated for the local secondary schools of Churchill Academy and Sixth Form and Sidcot – a private school - with a primary schools in the village itself, Winscombe is ideal for the growing family and commuter links to Bristol and beyond are in reach. Also well placed for travel to Bristol Airport and Bristol University. Please Note: An application for ‘Outline Planning Permission’ (Application No: 16/P/2795/O) has been submitted for circa 80 residential dwellings and associated infrastructure at Broadleaze Farm, 85 Sandford Road, Winscombe BS25 1JJ, located approximately 1.1 miles from Church Road. In addition, there are various other planning possibilities in and surrounding the village. David Plaister Ltd would always strongly recommend that any potential purchaser carry out their own verification and checks to ensure they are satisfied before proceeding to purchase.