Your property is only new to the market once…make the best first impression with David Plaister Ltd.
From experience the David Plaister Ltd team fully understand that the key to securing a sale is to create momentum based on a considered and justified asking price, followed by a meticulous property presentation and an exacting marketing plan.
Then professional and effective negotiations linked to good communication, constant feedback and regular progress reporting will ensure that your sale is completed with the utmost of care and attention to detail.
A growing and extremely popular way to sell your property.
By offering your property for sale with David Plaister Ltd ‘BY AUCTION’ you can be assured that the property will be offered for sale in a very competitive market place, as David Plaister Ltd’s auctions are public events which all are welcome to attend.
Marketing Prior To Auction
At David Plaister Ltd we believe that the key to successfully selling property at auction is an eight week comprehensive marketing campaign prior to the auction date.
All of the normal routes to marketing your property still apply and in addition our data base of registered interested potential buyers is growing, we work extremely hard to fill the room, in order to create a competitive bidding environment.
Residential Lettings & Property Management
If you are looking to let your property it is important to seek good, solid advice from experienced property professionals that you can trust. At David Plaister Ltd our team are experts in all aspects of letting residential property, providing landlords with all the help and support required from an agent.
Our customer-focused approach ensures we go the extra mile to deliver a thorough and professional service to our clients at all times.
Please note: David Plaister Ltd is a part of the Nation Federation of Property Proffesionals Client Money Protection Scheme.
Tenants Fees and Procedure for tenancy application
1. The administration fee must be paid in order to hold a property and your completed referencing forms must be completed and submitted within 48 hours or the property will be re-advertised. The administration fees are as follows - • £180.00 inclusive of VAT per person (adult) • £60.00 inclusive of VAT for a guarantor (if required conditions apply)
All applicants over the age of 18 must be stated or named on the tenancy agreement and therefore must be fully referenced in accordance with our instructions from the landlord. The referencing procedure will check your following details - personal details, current and previous addresses, current and previous employment, salary details, credit history and any current or previous Landlord references. You must be aged 18+ years to take out a tenancy.
2. You will need to provide us with 1x completed application form (per adult), photo I.D e.g. driving license and passport and a proof of address e.g. a council tax bill or electric bill. The referencing can then begin and will take between 4 – 7 working days to complete providing all information given is correct and referees respond to the request within this time frame.
3. On successfully passing referencing you are then required to pay, within 24 hours, the non-refundable full administration holding fee which will be transferred to your deposit upon the start on the tenancy. This amount will be the equivalent of one months rent + £100.00. I.e. if the rent is £550.00 pcm you will pay a deposit of £650.00.
4. The total process from referencing to move in can take from 10-14 days as a minimum (if the property is vacant).
5. On the day of your move in or before you are required to pay your first months rent, in cleared funds i.e. cash or debit/credit card (credit cards incur a 3% surcharge) and provide us with proof of contents insurance (tenancy liability cover).
6. If you fail referencing, provide incorrect information or choose not to proceed, all fees paid are non-refundable.
7. We do NOT accept Council bonds, the administration holding fee and first months rent is required to be paid in advance as mentioned above.
Landlord fees and charges
12.5% + VAT Management fee (of the gross monthly rents) including rent guarantee and legal expenses cover
10.00 + VAT Management fee (of the gross monthly rents) excluding rent guarantee and legal expenses cover
75.00% + VAT Let Only Fee (of first months gross rent) or minimum of £300.00 + VAT
£95.00 + VAT Administration, Property Set up fee (Managed and Let Only)
£125.00 + VAT Independent full inventory and schedule of condition for 1, 2 and 3 bedroom properties (unfurnished)
£99.00 + VAT Preparing and submitting documentation should a deposit dispute arise
£95.00 + VAT Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
£95.00 + VAT Gas Safety check and certificate
£65.00 + VAT Legionella’s risk assessment (valid for 2 years or on the change of the tenant(s), subsequent assessments will be £50.00 + VAT)
£165.00 + VAT Full electrical hard wiring safety inspection only
£65.00 + VAT Portable appliance test (up to 6 appliances)
£75.00 + VAT Supply and fit fire blanket (1.2sqm x 1.2sqm) and fire extinguisher (1kg powder)
£40.00 + VAT Supply & fit carbon monoxide detector (battery powered only)
£90.00 + VAT Supply & fit 240-volt smoke detector (subject to standard property wiring)
£40.00 + VAT To renew fixed term tenancy agreement (AST) to existing tenant, if required
Qualified & Regulated agent
As members of the professional body ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) NAEA (National Association of Estate Agents) NAVA (National Association of Valuers and Auctioneers), you can rest assured that the David Plaister Ltd team will act with integrity and discretion on your behalf through a regulated, quality service.
Letting a property should be a reliable and profitable source of income, but it is one that does not go without some risk. By using David Plaister Ltd as your agent we help to simplify the process and make it a pleasant and profitable experience the whole way through.
Why choose David Plaister Ltd?
David Plaister Ltd is based in the heart of Somerset. We offer a wide portfolio of unique properties to let within the towns and surrounding villages of Somerset.
As one of the most experienced and qualified agents within the area, David Plaister Ltd’s residential lettings service is seen as the first choice for many landlords and tenants and it is for their meticulous, high quality service that David Plaister Ltd has become so well known.